I’ve gushed about the wonders of salmon foil packs before, and I’ll gush about them again. Salmon foil pack recipes make cooking, clean up, and portion control a cinch. Meanwhile, it’s also a super versatile way of cooking. Oven or grill, a foil pack is an easy and delicious way to cook perfect, flavorful salmon. This baked lemon salmon and asparagus foil pack recipe makes a tasty and easy salmon dinner.
Portion Control Made Easy
Like I said, there’s a lot to love about salmon foil packets. Including, naturally, the salmon itself.
But the main thing I love about this cooking method? It makes portion control easy. And when it comes to that aspect of healthy eating, I need all the help I can get. Sure, I love cooking healthy recipes. But it’s still easy to overindulge if I’m not careful.
Foil packs are great because you portion out your entire meal WHILE cooking. With this baked lemon salmon and asparagus foil pack recipe, your meal and side cook together in a perfectly pre-portioned foil pack. There’s no trying to portion out a healthy amount out of a massive serving dish. With foil packs, the portioning happens in the prep.
This baked lemon salmon and asparagus foil pack recipe makes four perfectly portioned servings, each in their own individual foil packs. This recipe makes it easy to cook a healthy dinner, complete with a side, AND stick to controlled portions.
Delicious in Under 30 Minutes
Another great thing about foil packet recipes? They’re super quick and easy to make. With this recipe, you’ll have a delicious lemon salmon dinner on the table in under 30 minutes, from prep to serving. It’s a perfect recipe for a busy weeknight dinner.
Besides being super quick and easy, foil packets are also a great way to get the most flavor from your salmon. This cooking method yields delicious, baked to perfection salmon bursting with flavor. The foil packet cooking method really helps the salmon absorb all the other flavors in the recipe. In this case, those flavors include zesty lemon and fresh thyme.
Meanwhile, because the salmon cooks on a bed of asparagus, the veggies also pick up some of the flavor during cooking.
For even more flavor, you can also make this same lemon salmon asparagus foil pack recipe on the grill. Either way, this recipe is a delicious, easy, and super quick way to make a salmon dinner.
A zesty lemon salmon recipe is a must for any salmon lovers, and this foil packet recipe makes it a cinch to whip up.
Baked Lemon Salmon and Asparagus Foil Pack
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 386 | Total Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 558mg | Carbohydrates: 7g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 32g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
- 4 (4 to 6 ounce) filets salmon
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, about 1 inch of bottom ends trimmed off
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay 4 large sheets of foil on a flat surface and spray with nonstick spray. Divide the asparagus between each of the packets and lay in a single layer side by side. Season with half the salt and pepper.
- Place a salmon filet on top of each bed of asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, and the remaining salt and pepper. Carefully fold up each side of the foil sheets to create a packet around the salmon and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully open each packet, be cautious of the steam released once opened! Sprinkle lemon zest and parsley on top. Serve and enjoy!
- Option: Try this recipe on the grill instead of in the oven for extra flavor!
Copyright 2018 Skinny Ms. ® All rights reserved.
More Salmon Recipes:
This super easy, super nutrient-dense dinner features a trifecta of superfoods: salmon, quinoa, and kale. Topped off with a delicious lemon Greek yogurt sauce, it’s a delicious and easy weeknight meal that also boasts a superb nutritional profile.
More superfoods collide with these delicious salmon quinoa cakes. Quinoa replaces breadcrumbs in these salmon cakes, making them an extra healthy alternative to other seafood cakes and patties. Serve over salad with a fresh Greek yogurt sauce for a fun and flavorful way to serve up lean protein.